Monday, January 24, 2011
Pastel - Blonde Cocker Spaniel
I'm still not finished with it but wanted to get feedback from the owner before I went much further and she was pleased with it so far. She also gave permission to show the reference photo I used. As you can see, there was some guesswork involved in painting the ears but I think I have them pretty close.
I still have some touching up to do and also need to finish the background but I'm in the "short rows" as they say down South!
This is various pastels (mostly Rembrandt) and pastel pencils on a 9x12 inch sheet of PastelMat. It seemed that the tooth filled up fairly quickly this time and I had to vacuum off some of the pastel in order to make some changes. I don't advise using a vacuum unless you have a lot of control or your vacuum doesn't have a lot of suction! Most of the touching up I have to do comes from the vacuum cleaner leaving visible pathways on the painting!
So, I won't show this again as the basic painting is there - again, just some touch ups and a little blending here and there.
As always, if anyone sees anything that needs some attention, please don't hesitate to let me know!