Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New Commission WIP - Benjamin Capone

"Bennie - AKA Benjamin Capone"
Pastel on Velour

This is Bennie, also known as (and responds best to) Benjamin Capone!
But this guy is no gangster but a real sweetie. I believe he's a Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen but I can't even say that let alone confirm that as his breed! lol

Anyway, I've been so busy lately that I haven't posted here and I got going on this portrait and forgot to take photos as I worked! Right now I'm in the blocking in stage and doing a little refinement as I work from left to right to keep from smudging the portrait. The final detailing will come as I get close to completion.

The owner wanted Bennie's eyes showing and had him groomed to better show them but, as you can see in the photo, they're still pretty shaded/hidden. I have other photos of him and some show his eyes a bit better but I'm still working from memory and a little guesswork here. I emailed the client earlier and she approved of the portrait so far. I hope to bring the eyes out a bit more but will wait until closer to the finish.

Just a quick note, I finally got my website redone and while it's still a work in progress, I hope you'll stop by and take a look. There are things I want to change but that will have to wait until after I finish this portrait.

So, have a look at http://petstoposies.com/ and if you see anything amiss, please let me know! Also, stop in often as I plan to change things on a regular basis.

No comments: