Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Do You See What I See?

This is just some of the wildlife we see here from time to time. I'll let you know what they are in just a bit, but first, I want to apologize for not posting for a while. My mother in law is in the hospital and I'm scrambling trying to juggle a bunch of stuff that needs to be done. I'm also working on the commissions I have and want to get them done as quickly as possible but still do the absolute best job I can.

Ok, what do we have here? (You can click on the first one for a larger view, the second one has been cropped from the original photo and is about as big as it can be.)


Still can't tell what it is? It's a good-sized rabbit that hides under the barn shed. It's very hard to see but it's there almost every time I go to the barn. The water faucet for my horse's tank is located in this shed so I see it nearly every day. It has let me take many photos of it but none of them turn out very well because it's so very well hidden.


And many of you still won't be able to tell what this is either. I took the photo from the barn which is quite a ways from where this animal was hunting for something in the grass. It's times like this that I'd really, really like to have a great camera! Oh, it's an adult gray fox - do you suppose that rabbit was hiding from him?

3 comments:

~Barbara~ said...

Love the picture of your hiding rabbit. Great picture.
And I know those foxes are hard to get pictures of. I'm like you, I would really like a good camera. Right now tho, it's not even on my long list.

Been busy as usual. WW today , so now all that is done and I need to put stuff away.
Didn't know your MIL was in the hospital. Hope she is on the mend.
Try not to work too hard. Enjoy yourself, and Mr D. too.

Teresa said...

Isn't it wonderful, living in the country? As I was coming home a couple of nights ago a fox ran across the road not 200 yards from my house. Been a while since I've seen one.

I share your sentiment on the camera... sure would love to have one that is good for close ups and has a great zoom lens for distance.

Hope your MIL is doing better. I can sympathize with you there - my MIL had a stroke years ago, leaving her partially paralyzed and unable to care for herself. We have care of her every weekend. She's a wonderful person... but you do tend to get backlogged when you've got so much going on.

Here's a ((hug)) from the coastal plain of NC! Hope things brighten up for you.

Teresa Mallen said...

Hi Jan, I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. The rabbit is quite a cutie and big!

Take care of yourself and don't worry about your blog...we will still be here when your life settles down a bit. :-)