Friday, October 1, 2010

Toddler With Chicken WIP

I don't know if any of you remember the pastel I was working on quite a while ago but I've picked it up again and made a small amount of progress.  This one is really frustrating me because I really like the reference photo but can't seem to get my painting to measure up to it.


For what it's worth, here's a small update.  Any help gratefully received!

Oh, one of the items I bought at Jerry's was a small Conte' crayon and pencil set.  One of the pencils was the color "sanguine" which seems to be working well for the ruddy complexion of the child when overlaid with a peachy skin color.  The skin color still isn't there yet but nothing is finished at this point.

Various pastels/pastel pencils on Ampersand PastelBord - 5x7" size.

1 comment:

Christine Perry | Graphite Art said...

The colors are lovely Jan! Just because you asked, two things I want to point out....I might tone down the yellow on the forehead just a little, and add a hint of a thumb going away and out of view. I think you did a great job on the hair, and the chicken looks awesome to me also!