Thursday, July 7, 2011

WARNING from Susan Roux - PIRATES!

I was browsing the comments on Sue's (pencilpix) blog and one of the comments came from Susan Roux.  The post mentioned that she was from Maine and that's where my granddaughter lives so I wandered over to her blog to see if she had done any paintings of Maine.  Well, I didn't really get to look as her post about Modern Day Pirates caught my eye.  You can read her post HERE.

Many of you know that copyright violations are a pet peeve of mine anyway and to have an artist be so blatant about copying from another artist really burns me up.  Not only that, but the pirate artist (Hugo Diaz Mapi) claims to have painted his paintings using PhotoShop.  As a digital painter myself, it was a double insult as I felt he also gives a bad name to digital painting. 

Anyway, Susan, thanks for revealing this fraud.  I hope all artists are on the look-out for copyright violators and will report them to both the original artist if possible and also to the rest of the artistic community as Susan has done.  And I do hope the original artists will file charges - there are copyright laws in effect for most of the countries in the world. 

4 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Hi Jan. Though you're not getting comments here, it is directing traffic my way. Thanks for reposting and helping to spread the word about this fraud.

I'm still in disbelief when I think of what he does and how he calls himself an artist...

Jan said...

So glad people are at least reading about it even if they aren't commenting here!

Teresa said...

Off to read that post.... how awful for one's work to be copied like that when it takes so much time, thought and effort to come up with original art.

Boos to the pirates.

Jan said...

I hope the public humiliation of being outed on Susan's blog and elsewhere teaches him something. Alas, some people don't think they're wrong for doing it.