Tuesday, July 26, 2011

ATC/ACEO Pastel Paintings

I've been on a little kick of painting ATCs/ACEOs lately.  There are a couple (or three) reasons - we're having an exchange on a forum I belong to, I haven't had time to work on a full sized painting (although these little paintings can still rack up the hours) and I've been wanting to challenge myself to try to get as much detail into this small size as possible.

These are both pastel pencils on PastelMat and both regulation ATC/ACEO size (2.5 X 3.5 inches).

6 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

Wow!! those pencils must have been sharp. I much prefer 'working big' but admire anybody who can get this much detail into such small works.

Unknown said...

Lovely detail Jan and I agree with Sue. about the sharp pencils.
Love them both.

Teresa said...

Jan!! These are awesome! Fabulous colors, especially love the red shoes.... red is perhaps my favorite color!

Jan said...

Thank you all, ladies!

Christine Perry | Graphite Art said...

Absolutely gorgeous work, Jan!

Jan said...

Thanks, Christine!