Saturday, October 24, 2009

New Follower

You all know that I'm interested in just about any art form and I recently found a blog that specializes in dough art. I used to play around with dough art back when my daughter was little but haven't really thought of it since (and my daughter is in her 40s!). But I recently signed up to make an ornament for a Christmas exchange and I thought of the dough art immediately because of the fun I'd had with my daughter those many years ago.

I was searching for a recipe for the dough when I stumbled upon the Dough Ditties blog. Mary, the blog owner, had published her recipe in her blog but instead of just taking the recipe and leaving, I was so intrigued that I had to read many of her blog posts.

Now, I haven't had any real contact with Mary, but I feel as if she's a kindred spirit and her dough art creations are both unusual and very well done. I was really drawn to her blog because of her willingness to share. She not only shares her recipe for the art dough , but she also shares her techniques on her blog. And even more, she's posted some wonderful sounding recipes for real, edible bread which is another passion of mine! I've found that artists as a whole are really giving people and Mary fits right in that group with her generous spirit!

Thank you, Mary! Now wish me luck in making that ornament for the ornament exchange!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

It all sounds very interesting! I'm headed over to Dough Ditties right now to see what's going one!

Jan said...

She does have a very interesting blog and I know she'll appreciate the visit!

readingsully2 said...

Sounds like fun, Jan. I have purchased several clay aceos...that is kind of like dough...LOL I do have some dough ornaments. They last forever.

Sue Clinker said...

That looks like fun. I look forward to seeing your results Jan