Friday, October 23, 2009

Another Cute Photo

I know it seems as if I'm taking more photos than doing any art these days but I am painting - I'm just not painting anything I can show right now.

But, back to the photo. That's a cute little frog stuck to our glass kitchen storm door in case you can't tell. He was there when I came back from the barn after tending to Bonnie. It was still fairly dark out and I had a hard time getting a good photo. I tried to take a picture from inside but the kind of glass we have in the door evidently isn't good for shooting photos through as all I got was a yellowish blob!

I don't know what it is with the wildlife lately, but our porch has been attractive to it. Yesterday morning as I was going out to the barn to feed Bonnie, there was a little rabbit not far from the kitchen door! Again, it was still pretty dark outside and I didn't see it until I was right up on it! It startled me good, let me tell you! Of course, I'm sure it was startled more than I was! Since I'd come from around the corner (we have a wrap-around porch and I'd gone out another door) I guess it didn't hear or see me coming.

He hopped down the steps ahead of me and couldn't get away fast enough! The little frog didn't hang around very long either. I'd planned to try for more pictures after the sun came up but he was gone by the time that happened.

Oh, well, at least I got this one! I don't know what to expect for tomorrow morning but I'll look carefully before going out - there's been a whiff of skunk in the air the past couple of mornings!

2 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

At least your wildlife is cute!! With all the recent rain, we've had an influx of those flying daddy longleg insects and they seem attractive to the light cream colour of our house walls. They are spreadeagled all over the exterior walls and the glass patio doors .... I hate them!

Jan said...

I would hate to have a bunch of spider-like insects inside! Right now we're being invaded by a beetle that looks like a lady bug but is actually some kind of Asian beetle that bites! I have to suck them up with the vacuum cleaner then empty it right away because they smell awful after a very short time.

Bugs! Ugh!