Monday, May 18, 2009

Sad News

I can't talk about it right now but I did want to let you all know that we lost our Lab mix female dog, Coal, this past Saturday evening. The post I did on her was one of the ones that has gotten the most response so I felt I should mention her passing. She was 14 years old and has been on heart medication for some time. Still, it's very hard to lose a member of your family. Perhaps in the future I can give her the glowing eulogy she deserves - right now, suffice it to say that she will be missed.

5 comments:

Jeanette Jobson said...

Jan, I'm so sorry to hear this. Coal was a sweet thing, I remember her image well.

It is truly gut wrenching to lose a long time companion. I don't think you ever really do.

Take comfort in the fact that she had the best life possible with you and a long life.

Hugs.

twincedar said...

Jan, I know how pets become a member of the family. Very sorry to hear of your loss.

readingsully2 said...

Jan, I am so sorry to hear this. Pets are members of our family and 14 is a long time to get attached.

Teresa said...

Oh Jan, that's so hard to deal with. For a lot of us we spend more time with our pets than we do with people... so the loss of them is deeply felt.

I'll be thinking of you....

Jan said...

Thank you all so much for your kind comments.

I am someone who spends more time with our animals than I do with people. It's easy to do since they are so non-judgmental and act like they really want to be with you. The dogs both would get as close as they possibly could whenever they could. Sometimes it was a problem and I had to ban them from the kitchen and my studio as several times they would almost cause me to fall.

Of course, now it would be nice to have Coalie underfoot again.

Thanks so much to all of you for your support.