Monday, June 27, 2011
The following paintings are a couple that I started painting eons ago and for whatever reason lost interest in them.
The painting of the magnolia started out as a watercolor but was unsuccessful so I decided to see if I could rescue it with pastel. I think I like the technique of pastel over watercolor but I'd used hot pressed paper for the original painting and there wasn't much tooth to allow for more than a layer or two of pastel.
The poppies started out as pastel but it was a painting from my first attempts at pastels and all I had were pastel pencils and not very many of them at that. I've done what I could to rescue this painting and I do like it better than the original but it's still not what I hoped it would be.
I guess you can tell I'm STILL in the process of organizing my studio but I keep getting distracted when I find these old paintings! One of these days I WILL have it done - hopefully before Dors arrives! lol