Thursday, April 3, 2008

"Glowing" Japanese Magnolia

"Japanese Magnolia"
watercolor on Arches Cold Pressed
copyright
Jan Gibson

Well, I finished the magnolia painting yesterday evening and I don't know whether the yellow underpainting gives the painting a glow or not. I think in this painting, it gives a sort of antique look and I wonder if the technique is better suited for some paintings than for others.

I will probably use this technique again though as I certainly can see the possibilities for it's use.

I'm still working on the colored pencil painting but hope to have it finished in a few days. We're supposed to get more rain and cooler weather through the weekend and my husband has his own project to work on so I should be free to paint as much as I want.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: