Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back Again!

Sorry for the delay in adding new posts. I'm trying the Opera browser and for some reason, it's difficult to log into the blogs with it. So, for now, I'm back to Firefox and posting again!

I've also been busy setting up a display and adding notecards to the inventory of my local pet food store. While both the store & I are in the boonies, the store carries quality pet food that other stores don't carry and that attracts customers from as far as 50 miles away.

The cards have done well so far even though they have only been in the store since the 15th of this month. They're printed from both my digital and traditional media paintings and I've tried to make sure they're top quality and as appealing as possible. Since they have some basic contact information on the back of the card, they should also serve as advertising for my pet portrait work.

I don't know why I find it so difficult to push my art but I think this is common to many artists. I was sooooo happy when I was actually asked to set up a display in the store! Hopefully, this will be the start of a really "good thing" for both me and the store owner.

2 comments:

Paulette said...

Jan,
This is wonderful, good luck!

Jan said...

Thank you so much, Paulette. I hope this is a good thing for all involved, including those who buy the cards!