Thursday, November 11, 2010
Kelly's portrait is for a Christmas gift and I want it to be perfect, of course. Trying to determine her coloring has been a bit touch and go as each of the photos I received from the owner has been pretty different. She also sent a link to a dog online that she said she thought had similar coloring. So, I hope I got it right. The biggest challenge has been the dark areas.
The owner said Kelly's dark areas had gotten darker as she aged and she didn't want them as dark as they show in the reference photo. I've lightened them considerably and, again, hope they're what the customer wants. It's really difficult when the reference photos show one thing and the client's memory is different.
I'm also still working on the Cotons and will be posting a wip of that painting in the near future since I told a couple of regular readers that I would. I've just gotten the color choices for the bows in the little girl Coton's pigtails though so I haven't done enough on her for you to see much right now. I've made a pretty good start on the little boy though.
I'm really staying busy right now but will update here as soon as I can.