Friday, August 1, 2008

Vanity, thy name is MAN!

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in so long. I don't know how time gets away from one as quickly as it does!

This has been a busy summer for me so far and will probably continue to be so. My husband had cataract surgery on both eyes but the surgeries were spaced about a month apart. There have been continuing doctor's visits and were pre-op consultations with both the surgeon and the hospital so it seems that we've been "on the road" for the past couple of months! He has a couple more doctor's visits and then we'll be finished with that, thank heavens! He's done great and now has 20/20 vision in both eyes! Wonder of wonders, I remember when the surgery involved complete bed rest and thick,
thick glasses afterwards! Now, it's an out-patient procedure with permanent lenses instead of thick glasses!


My husband is very pleased with the outcome of the surgery but noticed that he had dark circles and wrinkles around his eyes now that he doesn't wear glasses any more. He had me get on the internet to find something to get rid of these and I found cucumbers helped some with the dark circles.

Volumes have been written about the vanity of women but I must say that men are just as vain. I couldn't help but snap this photo while he was "treating" the circles!

No comments: