Monday, December 31, 2007

Sun


Today is as sunny as yesterday was rainy. We ended up with nearly 2.25 inches which is wonderful but not a drought breaker. We'll take what we can get though.

The cardinals are still acting skittish even though a few were feeding this morning with me on the porch. I wonder if the light in the mornings is too dim for them to see me well as they seemed so calm. This afternoon they all flew into the trees before I even opened the door to the porch!

Anyway, thought you might like to see a photo of all the males in the apple trees. This is not all of them but most, I think. You can see how bright they are against the dark bark of the trees. Just imagine what a bright spot they make on a dreary day!

May the coming year be as bright as these cardinals on a dreary day!

No comments: